Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center would like to wish you and your family a safe and happy Halloween!
When it comes to the health of your heart, you want the very best medical care possible. Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center is home to one of the best chest pain centers in the state.
If you or a loved one is experiencing chest pain, then consider visiting the Chest Pain Center at Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center. Our Chest Pain Center is accredited and nationally recognized by the Society of Chest Pain Centers , demonstrating our devotion to exceeding quality-of-care measures in acute cardiac medicine for all of our patients.
We exceed a wide array of stringent criteria to help our patients, including:
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating our patients quickly
- Integrating our emergency department with local emergency medical systems
- Effectively treating patients at low risk for acute coronary syndrome with no recognizable cause for their symptoms
- Ensuring that our Chest Pain Center employees are competent and fully trained
- Continually taking measures to improve our procedures and processes
- Promoting a functional design to ensure optimal patient care
- Maintaining commitment and an organizational structure
- Supporting our community with outreach programs to help educate the public to seek immediate urgent care if they exhibit signs of a heart attack
It is crucial for individuals to be able to recognize the signs of a heart attack . Some of the common warning signs include:
- Pain in the left shoulder, arm, or jaw
- Shortness of breath
- Pressure, squeezing, or pain in the chest that lasts for more than a few minutes
For heart care services in Las Vegas, visit Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center online or call us at (702) 880-2100.
Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2011
10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Education Room 2
The Medicare Open Enrollment period runs through Dec. 7. Join us for an informative session by CareMore, Humana, United Health and Universal Health to learn the various Medicare options available. Call 702.880.2700 to register. FREE.
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month – get your digital screening mammogram for only $75 available to women ages 40 and up. No referral necessary. Offer available Oct. 1 to 31. Visit SunriseHealthInfo.com for an appointment or call 702.880.2900.
Education is a valuable tool, especially when it comes to CPR education and training.
In this video , we take a closer look at how a young teen saves the life of another using CPR. Just one week after completing her lifeguard required CPR training with the American Red Cross, this teenage girl provided CPR to a fellow train passenger until the ambulance arrived. Learn more about how this teen saved a life by watching the full clip.
Do you know how to perform CPR? Consider enrolling in one of our classes or community events by viewing our Classes & Events Calendar or by contacting Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center at (702) 880-2100.
H2U Tae Kwon Do/Self Defense class on Wednesday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Learn the benefits and basics of Tae Kwon Do and increase your level of personal safety by knowing how to defend yourself, in case of any emergent event.
This event is FREE, but registration is required. Call 702.880.2700 to register!
Are you searching for the right pediatric urgent care or hospital for your child? How can you recognize the symptoms of a stroke? If you’re interested in more information on the importance of breast care services, the warning signs of a stroke, or common childhood illnesses, then check out these great resources.
- Learn more about the statistics for breast cancer with this link from BreastCancer.org .
- This link from Cancer.gov provides an overview on the importance of mammograms .
- What are the most common technologies used for diagnostic imaging ? Find out with this link from MedlinePlus.gov.
- Is your child showing signs of a medical emergency ? Learn more about the most common childhood illnesses with this overview.
- Visit this link for a review on Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center .
- Learn how to use the Act F.A.S.T method to recognize the symptoms of a stroke with this Stroke.org article.
- Did you know that approximately 25% of all stroke victims are under 65 years old? Check out these statistics from StrokeCenter.org for more information.
- Visit this abstract from the American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry for more information on depression and its relation to ischemic cardiac events in the elderly.
- Learn more about how stroke is diagnosed with this Mayo Clinic article.
For more information on our services, facilities, community events, and much more, visit our website or give the Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center of Las Vegas a call at (702) 880-2100.
Drive safely and save money? Cool! Attend the AARP Driver Safety class and receive a discount on your automobile insurance. It’s on Thursday, Oct. 13 from 8 a.m. to noon. Cost is $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members. Personal check only payable to AARP on day of class. Call 702.880.2700 to register!
For the third consecutive year, Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center received the Silver Syringe Award from the Southern Nevada Immunization and Health Coalition for its highest flu vaccination rates among employees in acute care hospitals in the past year. Get your flu shot now!
Parents will do just about anything to keep their children happy and healthy, including searching for the best medical and emergency care possible. Learn more about your options for excellent pediatric care with this overview on Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center’s Pediatrics Express.
The Southern Hills Hospital and Sunrise Children’s Hospital have partnered together to help southwest Las Vegas families gain access to expert pediatric emergency care. We understand that children require a different level of care than adults, which is why our facilities are equipped with dedicated pediatric emergency rooms and a number of certified emergency department physicians and expertly trained medical staff members. In the event that your child requires specialized care, we provide access to sub-specialists through Sunrise Children’s Hospital .
To determine if your child requires emergency care services, learn about the most common childhood illnesses and health concerns, including:
- Allergies and asthma
- Respiratory conditions, such as colds, runny noses, coughs, and the flu
- Skin conditions like growths, rashes, cysts, burns, discolorations, and superficial injuries
- Eye conditions and injuries
- Gastrointestinal conditions including vomiting and diarrhea
- Dehydration and heat stroke
- Conditions or injuries to the central and peripheral nervous systems
- Urinary tract infections and other genital/urinary conditions
- Orthopedic conditions affecting the bones, tendons, ligaments, muscles, and nerves
- Mental health conditions, including suicidal thoughts or tendencies, attention deficiencies, and other disorders
When it comes to the health of your child, we understand there’s no substitute for excellent service. Whether your child is suffering from a burn, laceration, abdominal pain, or requires the services of an orthopedic surgeon, Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center is your number-one resource for pediatric care. For more information on our services, visit our website or contact us at (702) 880-2100. To check out our emergency room wait times , simply text “ER” to 23000.
- Hungry? Go to the Bistro at the Hills Cafeteria on the first floor!
- What happens if you don’t treat a herniated disc?
- Join H2U – Health To You – A health and wellness membership program designed to meet your unique health needs!
- What patients gain in physical therapy
- Is tuberculosis a modern health concern?