Learn More about Managing Diabetes and Maintaining Good Health
Would you like to learn more about the health topics recently discussed in our blogs? The following articles contain more information on diabetes, organ donation, and more. If you have any remaining questions, please contact Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center at (702) 880-2100.
- Type 1 diabetes , unlike type 2, results from the autoimmune destruction of the insulin-secreting cells of the pancreas. Read more about the different types of diabetes on the National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse.
- Managing high blood sugar effectively can help diabetics to avoid many serious health complications. This article from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation provides more information about checking and maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Men and women with diabetes must pay closer attention to eating a nutritious, balanced diet. Learn more about making healthy food choices from the American Diabetes Association .
- Have you fallen prey to one of the many myths about alcohol consumption? Find out by visiting CollegeDrinkingPrevention.gov .
- If you decide to consume alcohol, it is important that you have accurate information about the risks it may pose to your health. This article from the Addiction Science and Research Center at the University of Texas lists 300 important facts about alcohol.
- Do you still want to learn more about the effects of alcohol on the human body? This article from the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD) answers many frequently asked questions about alcohol and its effects.
- If you are worried that you or someone you know may be abusing alcohol, visit the Alcoholics Anonymous website to learn more about finding help.
- Southern Hills offers state-of-the-art treatments for stroke and other brain disorders. You can find out more about stroke treatments from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke website.
- Distracted driving is a deadly epidemic facing America—read more about the effects of cell phone use on the roads from FocusDriven.org.
- Are you registered as an organ donor ? If not, learn more about the process from OrganDonor.gov.