Southern Hills Hospital and MountainView Hospital Earn ‘Top Performer on Key Quality Measures’ Recognition from The Joint Commission
In addition to being included in today’s release of The Joint Commission’s “ Improving America’s Hospitals ” annual report, MountainView Hospital and Southern Hills Hospital will be recognized on The Joint Commission’s Quality Check website ( www.qualitycheck.org ).
Southern Hills Hospital
9300 W. Sunset Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89148
Need to find a physician or get answers to your health questions? Call 702.880.2700.
Eat for free and learn for free at our next H2U Lunch & Learn!
Learn how to save on Medicare Prescription Drug Costs & Live Better with Your Chronic Disease on Thursday, Sept. 15 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This event is free, but registration is required: 702.880.2700
Did you know that Congress is pushing to cut more than $100 billion dollars in Medicare and Medicaid funding for hospital care?
In this video , ProtectHealthcareTV.com provides a brief overview on the impact that the passing of this bill could have on elderly individuals. Cutting both Medicare and Medicaid funding would mean emergency room crowding, closing of necessary trauma centers, reduction in hospital nursing staff, and reduction in patient access to the latest hospital treatments. Learn what you can do to stop this $100 billion cut in this full clip.
At the Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center, we believe that all individuals should have equal access to hospital services regardless of age. For more information on our services, visit our website or call (702) 880-2100.
For more information on how you can tell Congress to stop cutting Medicare and Medicaid payments to hospitals, visit protecthealthcare.org or call (866) 887-CARE.
Studies show approximately one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer over the course of their lifetime. In fact, there were an estimated 207,090 new cases of invasive breast cancer diagnosed in 2010. With the incidence rates reaching such staggering numbers, routine breast screenings are becoming a necessary part of female healthcare. Learn more about your options with this overview on Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center’s breast care services.
The Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center’s team of highly skilled medical professionals and staff members specialize in a number of areas, including imaging, diagnosis, and treatment of breast conditions. Our team is made up of many specialists, including board-certified breast imaging radiologists, licensed mammography specialists, pathologists, board-certified oncologists, and surgeons.
Our team of specialists utilizes only the most advanced, newest technologies coupled with the latest procedures to diagnose and treat breast conditions at the earliest signs of disease. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Screening and diagnostic digital mammograms
- MRI with computer-aided detection (CAD)
- Minimally invasive biopsies of breast tissue using stereotactic, ultrasound, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) guidance
- Fine needle aspirations and cyst aspirations
- Needle localizations
Women are encouraged to perform self-examinations of their breasts on a regular basis to ensure ongoing breast health and identify early signs of disease. However, there are several other recommendations regarding breast cancer screenings.
- Women should begin monthly breast examinations at age 20
- Physical examination of the breasts should be done by a licensed healthcare provider every three years starting at age 20
- Baseline mammograms should be scheduled by age 35
- Annual clinical breast examinations and screening mammography should be done once reaching age 40
When was your last mammogram? Let our specialists and physicians at Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center of Las Vegas help you ensure your overall breast health and identify any potential risk factors. For more information about our breast care services, visit our website or call (702) 880-2900 to schedule your appointment today!
- When to seek medical care for gallbladder issues
- What happens if you don’t treat a herniated disc?
- Knowing How to Interpret the Results of Your Cholesterol Test
- Don’t get hurt by hard-to-open packaging this holiday season
- Men’s Health Month: Tips to Help You or the Man in Your Life Stay Healthy for Life