Studies show approximately one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer over the course of their lifetime. In fact, there were an estimated 207,090 new cases of invasive breast cancer diagnosed in 2010. With the incidence rates reaching such staggering numbers, routine breast screenings are becoming a necessary part of female healthcare. Learn more about your options with this overview on Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center’s breast care services.
The Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center’s team of highly skilled medical professionals and staff members specialize in a number of areas, including imaging, diagnosis, and treatment of breast conditions. Our team is made up of many specialists, including board-certified breast imaging radiologists, licensed mammography specialists, pathologists, board-certified oncologists, and surgeons.
Our team of specialists utilizes only the most advanced, newest technologies coupled with the latest procedures to diagnose and treat breast conditions at the earliest signs of disease. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Screening and diagnostic digital mammograms
- MRI with computer-aided detection (CAD)
- Minimally invasive biopsies of breast tissue using stereotactic, ultrasound, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) guidance
- Fine needle aspirations and cyst aspirations
- Needle localizations
Women are encouraged to perform self-examinations of their breasts on a regular basis to ensure ongoing breast health and identify early signs of disease. However, there are several other recommendations regarding breast cancer screenings.
- Women should begin monthly breast examinations at age 20
- Physical examination of the breasts should be done by a licensed healthcare provider every three years starting at age 20
- Baseline mammograms should be scheduled by age 35
- Annual clinical breast examinations and screening mammography should be done once reaching age 40
When was your last mammogram? Let our specialists and physicians at Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center of Las Vegas help you ensure your overall breast health and identify any potential risk factors. For more information about our breast care services, visit our website or call (702) 880-2900 to schedule your appointment today!